Friday, May 4, 2007

Winner of the Most Insane

Back in 1977, a toy company called Tomland made one of the first ever Abominable Snowman action figures as part of its Famous Monsters of Legend series. The result...



...probably the most insane far-fetched depiction of yeti ever - and certainly the most insane action figure depiction of yeti.

I don't have any idea how this figure came to be, though I'd love to know. How? What? Why?!

Later, the toy company used the exact same design for their Star Wars knock-off series called Star Raiders, which is not based on any actual movie, tv show, or cartoon. It's just an excuse to sell bad toys. The toy company dubbed the new made-up alien: "Tago".



You should see the other aliens with names like Oov, Zhor, Wik, Yick, Coth, and my favorite: "Ah".

I would have thought they would have made up Tago first then used it for the Abominable Snowman figure (very lazily, I might add), but it turns out it was the other way around. Yeti precedes Tago.

Later, in 1982, the toy company released Tago again as a Space Person. This is my favorite. I think they really got Tago in his all his glory this time.

See the picture to see what I mean.

Viva la Tago!

No comments: