Monday, July 26, 2010

Plush IWG Yeti

Dear Henry, in all the many years you've run this site, what in your opinion is probably the best yeti EVER?

Well, my blue-speaking friend, my personal favorite yeti is probably the IWG Yeti vinyl figure by Rocketworld:



It is a work of art. Look at that ablobinableness. It is the quintessential modern yeti, imho.

It was/is too expensive for me to own, and it's been sold out for years. I suppose you could say it is like a real yeti: never to be seen... never to be touched... never to be hugged... does it even exist? Although you would say it like this, of course: does it even exist? - you being a person who speaks in blue, apparently.

Now there appears to be a new version of this paragon of perfection! A plush version! It will be a limited series of handmade plushes by Lana Crooks. One can literally hug it! I fear it will be too expensive for me to own, however, and will also sell out almost immediately. Ugh, here we go again. Always an admirer-of-IWG-Yeti, never an owner-of-said-IWG-Yeti.

I feel like Hugo: I want to hug it and squeeze it and I will name it George.



Recently, a teaser image was shared on supahcute, Nerd City, and probably other places. It announced that an example of this new plushified IWG yeti would be on display at the Rocketworld booth at the San Diego Comic Con.

This blurry, incomplete, overly-cropped photograph only peaked my interest more! I had to go out and find definitive proof of this elusive creature.

So I did some exploring, dear blue person, into the frozen wastes of Flickr, and found the following image (from here):



So there you go.

Thanks. That's "amazing". No other word for it.

6 comments:

Raven said...

awww...I love and want him!

Henry said...

I know... this whole "limited series" thing is just not going to work. Let's make 'em for the masses!

supahcute said...

i'm afraid that IWG Yeti has disappeared into the wild, never to be seen again. Patrick, the owner of RW, confirmed that he has the very last IWG Yeti...and it's his.

i agree the IWG Yeti is awesome. fantastic blog!

Jeff said...

Well, I love it. The end.

Author said...

Very cute and plushy! but they forgot his little Yeti nipples and belly button! haha

Henry said...

Yes! And where is the machete! :)