Friday, February 10, 2012

The Troll That Dare Not Speak Its Name

Last March, I got all excited because I thought that the video game Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was going to have a yeti.

November came, the game was released, and alas, it was not a yeti. It was a troll.

Longtime readers of this blog may remember that it was another November day way back in 2006 that I boldly, and in the face of absolutely no opposition or criticism, stated that immortal proposition: yeti = snow troll. The world still hums from this single act of sheer, inhuman audacity.

Even if you are a hypothetical, fantasy-land faux-person who disagrees with my assertion, I would still argue that the Skyrim baddie is a very, very, yeti-ish troll. More a yeti than most trolls.

Since the game is so hugely popular (I mean, it's a bona fide phenomenon), let's take another look at the Skyrim yeti.

Yes, I'm not afraid to say it: YETI.


Link


Link


Link




Link


Link



Check out all the fan art that's come out so far:


Link (awesome animated gif)


Link


Link


Link


Link


Link


Link

No comments: