Wednesday, December 11, 2013

[Wampa Week] Armed and Dangerous

Source
Source
Source



Fun Fact:
The mask broke for good when the actor tried to scream in the last shot.

"I recall when we were shooting the Wampa on our ILM sound stages, George asked if I could open the mouth wider. In the shot my arm had just been chopped off, so George really wanted to see an extreme scream. The mask's mouth was opening as wide as my jaw could manage, so just before we rolled the camera I moved my free hand up the neck of the Wampa suit and into the mask's mouth. On action I pulled down the jaw as wide as I could, which broke dozens of little elastic bands inside the mask. I could hear them popping as I tugged the mouth open. That got the result George was looking for and he called a wrap. The Wampa mask was broken for good, but we got the last shot." Source

No comments: